Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hit the Road Gramps

Here's another classic Corzine move. According to The Record, Corzine has chosen not to re-appoint Ray Bateman, the longest serving member of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.

Bateman, in Nostradamus-like fashion, predicted the Xanadu boondoggle. Clearly, Corzine doesn't like that kind of foresight.

Corzine nominated political boss/Sheriff, Joseph Spicuzzo, to take the elderly Bateman's seat, who had this to say:

"I like sports an awful lot, I will learn what problems the sports authority has. I’ll learn as I go along. I don’t know a thing about horse racing, but I learn. We’ve got an awful lot of responsibility. Sports is an important part of the Garden State.”

The good old "Learn As You Go" "Fly By The Seat of Your Pants" approach is one favored by the Corzine administration.

See Story here:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/njpolitics/Corzine_denies_longtime_sports_authority_board_members_reappointment.html

No comments: